Saturday, September 20, 2008
Ryder Cup - Halfway Through
My observations after the morning rounds on Saturday at Valhalla
- The par 5, # 7 caused the USA a lot of trouble
- If the USA loses the Cup, they can look back at the par 5 #18 in anger - the water running up the right side of the fairway was a magnet for Team USA tee shots
- Hunter Mahan has been rock solid to this point.
- Ditto for Ian Poulter - say what you want about his visors, color choices (for hair and clothes), and the amount of hair products he uses...he is a stone cold kick a$$ competitor...I was awestruck by him.
- Amy Mick has some questionable fashion taste (think knee high leather riding boots Friday and Saturday), and some really HORRID taste in sunglasses (Hey Ame - Big Honking Sunglasses + Petite Face = Nicole Richie....NOT the look for you
- Sergio is (sorry ladies) losing his locks at a fairly rapid rate, and letting them grow long ain't helping the look
- The course is really set up for scoring - soft greens, predictable undulations, and firm fairways. Look for some real scoring shootouts tomorrow.
- This is some GREAT competition...and frankly, sort of cool without the "Tiger factor"
Oh, BTW - My prediction on 16 1/2 USA, 11 1/2 Europe is still looking good...
More tomorrow after the matches end
Posted by Cash at 4:29 PM