Sunday, November 15, 2009

Screw 2012, The Apocalypse is TODAY ! (yes,this means Michelle won something...)


That's right folks - you heard me.....MICHELLE WIE WON A GOLF TOURNAMENT !!!! She fired a closing round 3 under par 69 to take a two stroke win over (winless in 2009) Paula Creamer at the Lorena Ochoa Invitational.

I've been a sharp critic of Wie in the past for one simple reason - she had never won a tournament, and always made lame excuses for losing them. Well, check out the scorecard above - not only did she win, she closed like a champ by birdieing the last hole with a one shot lead. Wie has been a much better player this year - as I pointed out in an earlier post...she has focused on the LPGA and seemingly found some friends on tour during the Solheim Cup this year.

Bushwood congratulates Michelle Wie on her maiden victory AND on signs of what appear to be some newfound maturity. Let's all hope that this will help the LPGA right the ship, and have a great 2010. Oh, and one other thing....a request for Michelle...
PLEASE do not PISS OFF EVERYONE ON THE LPGA TOUR BY UTTERING THE LETTERS "PGA" IN SEQUENCE. You are like Moby at a hip hop show....you just don't belong there...


3 comments:

Heather Kerrigan said...

DAMNIT! I haven't watched it yet. It's on my Tivo. Actually I think I may want to watch it even more now that I know she wins.

Maybe you should send Ms. Wie a "Bushwood CC" T-shirt to congratulate her. ;o)

Golf Ball Pro said...

I didnt get the chance to watch or save it on Tivo but im happy for her

rakeback said...

Michelle is only 20 years old and Tiger Woods didnt win his first tournament until he was that age. I think we need to give her a few more years before we make an assessment on whether she lived up to her potential.