Why, you may ask....well, other than the OBVIOUS....
here are a few reasons:
(1) All the players are very fan friendly - autographs, photos, conversations, you name it - they are ALL happy to have fans there cheering for them.
(2) Admit it or not, guys, they play a game a WHOLE lot more like mine and yours that the "big boys" do. If you don't believe me, check out some of these stats:
- Average Driving Distance for the Top 40: 261 yards
- Average Distance for the Courses Played: 6,400 - 6,700 yards
- On the Par 5's , when they "go for it", club they usually hit: 3 wood, 5 wood, or Hybrid ( no 8 irons here)
- They miss a few greens, so they scramble to make par, usually hitting shots from the same places we do ( not 4" high rough, or from behind the clubhouse)
- They play on courses that you or I can generally play - see www.rtjgolf.com/courses/capitol_hill/
(4) They are really GOOD players
I think all of these add up to one really logical conclusion - many (most) of us can really learn something from watching the ladies of the LPGA play...and that, is something worth paying attention to.
Now, before I get called out for being oblivious to the obvious, YES there is some serious eye candy out there too (Sandra,Paula, Natalie,Belen,Beatriz, etc - tip of the hat to ya'....)- and that is another great attribute of the tour - just one that I don't want to really focus on in this post.
Anyway, if you are an LPGA fan - let me hear about it - what do you like about the tour ? And if you are not - give it another shot after reading this - maybe you will have a different perspective.